Monthly Archives: July 2015
When visiting London one of the not to be missed and most popular experiences is a traditional English afternoon tea at a top London hotel, with all the trimmings; freshly baked scones, Devonshire cream, fruit preserves, finely cut sandwiches and a wide selection of exotic teas.
Booked separately prices vary and it can be a little expensive, however included with other attractions makes it much better value.
For example here is a great tour including Buckingham Palace that opened to the public last week for the summer, combined with a splendid afternoon tea at the top hotel, The Grosvenor at Victoria.
- Visit inside Buckingham Palace
- Traditional afternoon tea at The Grosvenor Hotel in Victoria
Buckingham Palace – ‘Special Timed Entry includes an Audio Tour’
Special timed entry ensures a breathtaking visit to the official residence of Britain’s sovereigns since 1837. Open for just 8 weeks a year, viewing the State rooms is an opportunity not to be missed! Marvel at the splendour of the rooms, used on official occasions by The Queen to entertain her guests. Be dazzled by the beautiful ballroom and throne room, before ending your royal tour with a walk through the stunning South Garden.
Afternoon Tea – The Grosvenor Hotel in Victoria
After your independent visit, you will be free to take your afternoon tea between 3pm – 4.30pm in the Grosvenor Hotel in Victoria. Traditional afternoon tea consists of a selection of finger sandwiches, scones served with clotted cream and preserves, small tea cakes and a choice of tea.
London is the most visited tourist city in the world and has a considerable number of famous historic and modern landmarks to see. Paying individual entry fees at each site can add up and be very expensive, plus time consuming queuing. By far the best value way to tour London and enjoy all the main attractions is by an all inclusive day tour with everything included. Touring this way can be as much as a 1/3 cheaper than paying separately.
Here is the best value example of this type of tour we could find:
- Entry to St. Paul’s Cathedral with special access to the Quire
- Panoramic tour of London
- See the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Optional Lunch
- Entry to Tower of London
- Meet the Yeoman Warders
- See the famous Crown Jewels
- Thames River boat ride
- London Eye Experience
- Luxury air–conditioned vehicle
Comprehensive Panoramic Tour
St. Paul’s Cathedral
Towering high over the City of London, magnificent St Paul’s Cathedral is widely considered to be Sir Christopher Wren’s masterpiece. Enter the Quire and marvel at the beautiful mosaics inside.
Buckingham Palace and Changing of the Guard
As iconic an image of London as red telephone boxes and double–decker buses, the Changing of the Guard is a not–to–be–missed royal feast of bearskin hats and red tunics. *We will visit Horseguards Parade when the ceremony is not available.
Tantalise your taste buds with a traditional one course meal.
The Tower of London and Crown Jewels
During its 1000 year history this impressive fortress has been a Royal Palace, prison, mint and even a zoo! Be dazzled by the Cullinan diamonds and the spectacular Kohi–i–Noor at the Crown Jewels.
Join a Yeoman Warder (‘Beefeater’) for an exclusive and very different view of the famous Tower of London on this guided tour. You will hear the story of the peasants’ revolt and attack on the Tower of 1381, the military cunning used to ensure the safety of the Monarch within, and how the Tower’s very architecture protects it from attack.
River Thames Boat Ride
Take to the water on a River Thames boat ride and enjoy a panoramic tour of London’s array of attractions.
The London Eye Experience
End your day with a London Eye experience and enjoy breathtaking views of London in the luxury of your glass capsule.
Your tour will finish at approximately 6:00pm at the London Eye Pier.
- Admissions to Tower of London and St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Panoramic Tour of London
- River Boat Ride
- London Eye Experience
- Transportation by Air-Conditioned Coach
- Professional Guide
- Complimentary hotel pick up from over 80 central London hotels. You will be taken to our departure point to board your tour.
If you are on a budget and want to enjoy the splendour of Paris, it is possible to do surprisingly cheaply. Here is a great option that is the best value we could find, includes a free river cruise and sightseeing map so you can plan your day at your leisure and choose what attractions to visit, saving money compared to an inclusive package.
- Reserved seats on Eurostar
- One hour cruise on River Seine
- Time for shopping and sightseeing
- Free map of Paris
Journey to Paris
Arrive at St. Pancras International Station where our representative will meet you at chop’d coffee shop, opposite the Eurostar concourse, at 5.45am (5.30am on Saturdays), you’ll receive an informative welcome pack. Eurostar Check in closes 30 minutes before the train departure time.
Kick off your Paris day trip in style with a ride on the world-famous Eurostar™. The 2hr 15min journey to Paris passes through 31 miles of Channel Tunnel – before disembarking at Gare due Nord station, Paris!
Paris at Your Leisure
A totally free and easy product – no frills and a price to match! Explore Paris at your own leisure, visiting the sights you want to see! You will also receive a map to set you on your way.
Take to the water on a luxury cruise and enjoy panoramic views of Parisian magical monuments. The cruises lasts an hour and an audio tour is provided.
Arrive at the Eurostar Check-in at least 45 minutes before departure. Your departure time from Paris is 8:13pm, arriving in London at 9:29pm.
When visiting London the best value way to get around is by using the hop on hop bus services that gives you ultimate flexibility, especially helpful if its raining when you can schedule an indoor activity and venture back out when the sun comes out.
To make this even better value you can combine this with monument and attraction passes and here is an example:
2 Day Hop on Hop off Bus Tour with Madame Tussauds and The London Eye, plus free river cruise.
- Hop on Hop off Service with Over 60 Stops on 4 different routes
- Tickets valid for 24 hours + 24 hours free
- Free Walking Tour (worth £10) – voucher valid for TWO days
- Free Point to Point River Thames Boat Ride (Worth £7.15)
- View such iconic structures as Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge and more!
- See celebrated areas of London including Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly
- Enjoy the insights and fascinating facts with a live or audio guided tour
- Buses Depart Every 5-10 mins from Main Tourist Points and Every 15-20 mins from elsewhere
- Audio guides available in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian) & Russian
- Madame Tussauds has been making wax figures for over 150 years
- The oldest figure on display is ‘Sleeping Beauty’ sculpted in 1763
- See Madame Tussauds’ legendary Chamber of Horrors
- New figures include The Queen, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Whitney Houston, Madhuri Dixit-Nene, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Lady Gaga
- New Super Hero starring in Marvel Super Heroes 4D as Captain America joins the line up
- Measure up to amazing new wax figure re-creating Chris Evans’ portrayal in Marvel Studios’ Captain America: The First Avenger
The London Eye
- Get 40-kilometre panoramic views on a clear day
- The gradual ride in one of the 32 high-tech glass capsules takes approximately 30 minutes
- Night or day, The London Eye offers spectacular views of London
- You will see many of famous landmarks such as Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, St Paul ’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey and Trafalgar Square.
- 4-D experience
- Interactive touch screen guide
Remarkable London bus tour
Explore imperious London in all its grandeur. This incredible value London Hop on Hop off bus tour grants you the freedom and convenience to explore the city in depth. This tour encompasses world renowned attractions such as the Tower of London, Shakespeare’s Globe and spectacular Westminster Abbey, as well as, of course, the inimitable Buckingham Palace. You will also see the most eminent regions of London, such as distinguished Regent Street, world celebrated Oxford Street and vibrant Piccadilly.
Free Walking Tour – Special bonus
Why not follow in the footsteps of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or take in the places where the Fab Four worked and played in London. The Walking Tour you decide to go on will surely captivate you, with it being an experience to truly remember.
Choose from the following Walking Tours:
- The Royal Walking Tour
- The Beatles London Walking Tour
Free River Thames Boat Ride
Take to the water on an enthralling River Thames Boat Ride and enjoy unique sweeping perspectives over London’s attractions and landmarks, for an altogether different London sightseeing experience.
Madame Tussauds has been making wax figures for over 150 years. Each masterpiece takes four months, and a team of 20 dedicated sculptors, to create. Over 500 precise body measurements are referenced and real head hairs are inserted one by one – all to achieve the kind of astonishing realism that has kept Madame Tussauds world renowned for over two centuries.
Some of Madame Tussauds’ original work and earliest relics are still on display in London, including the death masks she was forced to make during the French Revolution and the Guillotine that beheaded Marie Antoinette. The oldest figure on display is ‘Sleeping Beauty’, a breathing likeness of Louis XV’s sleeping mistress Madame du Barry sculpted in 1763.
This is Flexible ticket allowing you to turn up at any time without a reservation. Priority Entrance is also included in the ticket price allowing our guests to avoid the main queue (note: there may be a queue of other ticket holders’ in peak periods).
The London Eye
The London Eye offers breathtaking views of London from high above the River Thames. See Big Ben towering above the Houses of Parliament, follow St. James Park as it sweeps down to Buckingham Palace. Is the Queen at home? You’ll spot the flag flying if she is. A Standard Ticket Experience on the London Eye lasts for approximately 30 minutes, the time it takes for the London Eye to revolve completely. Relax in one of the 32 high-tech glass capsules and enjoy the London skyline at your leisure.
The London Eye 4D is a groundbreaking 3D film with in theatre effects, such as wind, bubbles and mist, to make the 4D. The film itself is a touching story of a little girl in London with her father. Her view of famous London landmarks is obscured by people and traffic, but a seagull draws her attention to the London Eye and her visit finally gives her an amazing view of the city. Colourful parties inside the capsule, time lapse of the London Eye day and night and a spectacular firework display all add up to an emotional and entertaining experience; the perfect prelude to the London Eye itself.
This is a Flexible Standard Ticket allowing you to turn up at any time without a reservation to get on at the next available time. Please visit after 1pm for shorter queue times.
- 24 Hour Hop-on Hop-off Ticket + 24 hour free
- Free Walking Tour
- Free River Thames Boat Ride – Valid one way Embankment or London Eye Pier to Tower Pier or vice versa
- Admission to Madame Tussauds
- Admission to The London Eye
We are frequently asked what is best value; a low cost tour that does not include entrance fees or an inclusive tour that includes all entrances at attractions visited.
Well the answer is; it depends on your preferences, for example people that maybe have difficulty walking may wish to visit somewhere like Windsor Castle and see it from the outside and not go in, or perhaps maybe they may have been inside before and prefers on this occasion to walk round the town instead and perhaps over the bridge into Eton.
For them a low cost tour not including entrance fees will be best value.
However if you intend to go in at attractions, then it is better value to choose a tour that includes entrance tickets, plus with these tours you get priority entrance and will avoid long queues for tickets on the day.
All pre-booked Highclere Castle (fictional Downton Abbey) tickets for this summer and most scheduled tours from London sold out some time ago, but good news there is an easy way to get there from London and get tickets on the day
Getting to Highclere and Daily Tickets
You take a train to Newbury and from there a taxi for the 7 miles to the Castle (taxis will be waiting when you arrive at Newbury station and you can pre-book the same cab to pick you back up at Highclere later)
If you turn up at Highclere in good time (about 9.15/9.30am) before the start of the morning opening you will be able to buy tickets from the generous daily allocation
Arriving at that time you will likely be first in the queue when the ticket office opens
Overall this is a very straightforward way to reach Highclere and a lot cheaper than taking a fixed tour
- Legoland Entry Tickets
- Return Transport to Legoland
Be the star of your very own adventure. Soar through the treetops to escape dragons, join a Viking fleet across churning rapids. Experience real Driving School and use laser guns at the ancient tomb. All the family take part in high energy fun at the Fire Academy and be thrilled at the pirate themed Stunt Show. Everyone will be fascinated by the incredible LEGO® models throughout the park. From comical camels to world land marks and a yellow submarine, it’s amazing what can be built with millions of LEGO bricks!
Return Journey: You will have flexibility in returning back to London as Greenline coaches depart at various times.
- Return transportation with Greenline coaches
- Entrance fee to LEGOLAND® Windsor
- Day Trip to Birmingham
- Entrance to Cadbury World
- Return Train Tickets
- Free Time to Explore Birmingham
Meet your tour manager at London Euston station at 9 AM before boarding the train and departing for Birmingham. The journey will take approximately one and a half hours so sit back and relax as the train speeds away from London!
Once you reach Birmingham, make your way to Cadbury World and enjoy a visit to this popular attraction. You’ll embark on a one way guided tour through 14 interactive zones that tell the story of chocolate and the Cadbury business. Video presentations, multi-sensory cinema and staff demonstrations bring the world of Cadbury and the history of chocolate to life!
Return to London
Head back to Birmingham station at 7.00 PM to catch your return train. You will arrive back in London at 8.34 PM.
- Preferred Partners with Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- Behind-the-scenes Walking Tour
- Return transportation from Central London
- Step inside and discover the actual Great Hall and Diagon Alley
- See the actual props, costumes and effects from the Harry Potter film series
- Buy a cup of frothy Butterbeer™ now
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is rated 5 stars on TripAdvisor with over 10,000 ‘Excellent’ reviews! Winner of Certificate of Excellence 2014
The Harry Potter Studio Tour provides incredible opportunity to see behind the scenes the magic of the Harry Potter™ films – the most popular film series of all time. This tour showcases a huge array of amazing sets, costumes and props. It also reveals closely guarded secrets, including facts about the special effects that made these films so successful all over the world.
Platform 9 ¾ and Hogwarts Express
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London has expanded with a new section featuring a recreation of Platform 9 ¾ and the original Hogwarts Express steam engine! This permanent exhibit will open on 19th March and gives visitors the chance to climb aboard the train’s carriage and pose with a luggage trolley as it disappears through the platform wall. Scenes featuring the working train were shot at the Studios, including the iconic last scene in which a grown up Harry, Ron and Hermione wave their own children off to Hogwarts as they leave for school.
Magical Sweets and Treats
From 20th July – 6th September 2015, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London are serving up something extra special for visitors to The Making of Harry Potter – the first ever Sweets and Treats feature. Based on the films’ Ministry Munchies kiosk, learn from expert props and cake makers how both real and replica foods were made for the films, including the floating pudding and edible Gillyweed.
Here are just some of the things you can expect to see and do:
- Step inside and discover the actual Great Hall.
- Explore Dumbledore’s office and discover never-before-seen treasures.
- Step onto the famous cobbles of Diagon Alley, featuring the shop fronts of Ollivanders wand shop, Flourish and Blotts, the Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and Eeylops Owl Emporium.
- See iconic props from the films, including Harry’s Nimbus 2000 and Hagrid’s motorcycle.
- Learn how creatures were brought to life with green screen effects, animatronics and life-sized models.
- Rediscover other memorable sets from the film series, including the Gryffindor common room, the boys’ dormitory, Hagrid’s hut, Potion’s classroom and Professor Umbridge’s office at the Ministry of Magic.
- Delve into the Dark Arts: see the Malfoy Manor fireplace and table around which Bellatrix Lestrange, the Malfoy family, the Death Eaters and Voldemort sat plus a 20-foot model of Voldemort’s snake Nagini!
- Return transportation to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London on a double decker branded bus
- Entrance ticket to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- A wonderful day of horse-racing, food, fun and glamour
- Glorious Goodwood is one of the highlights of the British flat racing calendar
- One of the best sporting events of the year, it’s steeped in British history
- Watch world-class thoroughbreds compete for honour and big prize funds
- Entry to the Gordon Enclosure with Parade Ring access
- Travel from and back to London on a luxury air-conditioned coach
- This exclusive tour can be booked here
Goodwood racecourse has been a stalwart of British horseracing for over 200 years and Qatar Goodwood Festival, commonly dubbed ‘Glorious Goodwood’ is an incredible five days of racing, music, food and glamour. See some of the world’s most famous and competitive jockeys and horses compete, accompanied by first-class owners and trainers. An amazing sporting event, not to be missed by horseracing fans. Enjoy one day entry to The Gordon Enclosure. Inside this bustling area, enjoy Parade Ring access, standing viewing in the March Grandstand, great views near the winning post, covered seating in the Sussex Stand and access a variety of vibrant bars, food options and the prize winning Sussex Bistro restaurant. Throughout the day, enjoy access to the chilled out Lennox Enclosure, ideal for families due to a brilliant kid’s playground, plenty of food stands and sunny picnic spots. Each day offers something different:
Opening Day – 28 July 2015 The festival begins with a bang – a spectacular opening ceremony pays homage to past winners and reveals the specially commissioned 2015 trophies up for grabs over the next 5 days. Enjoy a packed programme of racing, the highlight being the £300,000 Group 2 Qatar Lennox stakes.
Sussex Stakes Day – 29 July 2015 One of the highlights of the festival is The Qatar Sussex Stakes, which for the first time holds a prize fund of £1 million. Visit the Parade Ring to see world-class athletes strut their stuff and revel in a day of sport, food and drink.
Ladies Day – 30 July 2015 Colourful fashion and a fun, vibrant atmosphere is what make Ladies Day the most glamorous day of the festival. Racing-wise, this day features The Group 2 Qatar Goodwood Cup.
King George Stakes Day – 31 July 2015 Jam-packed with exciting horsing action, this day features Group 2 Qatar King George Stakes. Spend the rest of the day watching other group races, as well as joining in with a glamorous celebration of British tradition featuring live music, food, drinks and fun.
Nassau Stakes Day – 1 August 2015 The last day of the festival features the Group 1 Qatar Nassau Stakes with a prize fund of £600,000. As well as various other exciting races, enjoy live music from rock’n’roll bands, jazz musicians and a military band, with plenty of great food and drink available. Your luxury air-conditioned coach departs from Victoria at 9am and leaves Goodwood at 6pm.
Gates open at 11am and finishes at the last race is at 5:30pm
Admission to the Gordon Enclosure on your chosen day of the festival
Transport from London to and from the festival on a luxury air-conditioned coach.
Operating Days From 28 July 2015 to 01 August 2015
This exclusive tour can be booked here
Best Value Tours